Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally.
– Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
– Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
– Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines.
– Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
– Develop social media audience and engage with that audience regularly.
– Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a bureau in Dubuque covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
– Professional newsroom experience.
– Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
– Previous on-air experience.
-Must have and maintain clean driving record
-Ability to carry up to 40 pounds
– As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.