WBIR is a news leader in the market, looking for an experienced, engaging and enterprising journalist to join our team as an Anchor and Multiskilled Journalist! We’re looking for a passionate storyteller and team player that understands anchoring isn’t just about reading scripts and reporting isn’t just covering news conferences and what’s written in the paper. We’re looking for a strong enterprise storyteller and team player that understands how to connect on all platforms.
Our ideal candidate is a digitally savvy team member who can create innovative content for our community. In this role, you’ll be responsible for anchoring weekday newscasts and reporting during the week. The reporting and anchoring will both require establishing sources, pitching unique enterprise story ideas, strong writing and news judgement skills. You’ll also be required to engage with the community both through your social media accounts and at community outreach events.
• Anchor newscasts and report as assigned
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story and show ideas and content for all platforms
• Have strong, captivating and authentic writing style
• Be able to shoot, write and edit packages
• Present news in a conversational, engaging way and be able to adlib with professionalism and accuracy
• Work as a member of a team to create fast-paced and informative content
• Have an excellent grasp of social media for news gathering and distribution and for community engagement
• Cultivate diverse sources and contacts within the community
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis, including images, packages, articles and social media posts
• Degree in journalism or mass communications
• Minimum 1 year on-air experience
• Past anchoring and MSJ/MMJ experience
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a flexible schedule
• Be able to manage both long-term and short-term projects
• Experience with ENPS and Edius a plus
• Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY