WQAD News 8, the Tegna owned ABC affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced news anchor/reporter who wants to help grow the station's news product while growing his/her own career. We are looking for a Weekend Morning anchor/weekday Multi-Skilled Journalist.
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the target viewer. We are looking for someone who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, able to do quality in-depth reporting on a daily basis and handle covering live breaking news.
- Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
- Covers day of news or special project assignments in accordance with station brand initiatives and audience content priorities
- Anchor/Produce weekend evening newscasts
- Engage with audience on all relevant social media platforms
- Represents station at public events
- Minimum of 1-3 years of on-air experience
- Past anchoring experience encouraged
- Strong journalistic ethics
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.