NEWS CENTER Maine (TEGNA's NBC stations based in Portland and Bangor) is hiring an Anchor-Reporter. This position is fulltime, Monday through Friday, and based in our Portland newsroom.
We are looking for an anchor who communicates news and information effortlessly and is authentically him or herself on air. We also want a trustworthy news hound with a big heart. Someone who can enterprise impact stories during the week for our statewide newscasts, but also understands the value of engaging followers on Social Media.
In this job you will:
- Anchor our weekday newscasts and also set-up, shoot, write and edit stories as time permits.
In short, we are looking for an aggressive journalist who wants to be the best storytelling anchor possible on our broadcast and digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or similar field
- 7-10 years' experience Anchoring & Reporting
- Experience in videography, editing, and posting to the internet is a must
- Active on Social Media is essential
- Knowledge of CMS, ENPS, Adobe Premier, Edius, and Axis graphics a plus
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.