KXTV/ABC10 is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising Anchor/MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist) We are searching for someone who understands that anchoring isn't just about reading scripts and reporting isn't just covering news conferences. We need a strong enterprise storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for anchoring the weekend evening newscasts. You will be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcast, assisting with the show’s execution and writing for TV and digital. You will also MSJ/report either general assignment or franchise storytelling. That reporting will require establishing sources, breaking news and pitching unique ideas. You will need to be consistently engaging with viewers on social media and participate in community events.
In this role, you will:
- Anchor newscasts as assigned
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Have excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Have excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Cultivate sources
- Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the websites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events that includes times outside normal work hours
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with a minimum of three years' experience as an anchor.
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
- Ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing systems
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Strong social media presence
- Specialized reporting experience
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.