FOX West Texas is looking for a multi-skilled, multi-talented journalist to help lead its newsroom. We are not just looking for a lead anchor, we're looking for someone to welcome the challenge of becoming the face of this growing station. In this role, you'll be responsible for anchoring our 6 & 9 p.m. newscasts. You will also be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcast, assisting with the show's execution and writing for TV and digital. Off-camera, we'll ask you to become a leader in the newsroom with a sound editorial voice and a passion to make our product the best it can be.
- Anchor daily newscasts and breaking news breaking down the facts in a conversational style for the audience.
- Contribute to content planning and editorial meetings
- Contribute to multiple platforms daily including writing for the websites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Coach and mentor others in their presentation and creative storytelling skills
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events that include times outside normal work hours
- Minimum 1-3 years of news anchor/reporter experience
- The ability to write compelling copy and present engaging stories
- Proven news judgment and understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- An understanding of current content gathering and production techniques
- Passion for growing journalists and fostering a creative and positive newsroom environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.