Our Analytics team seeks a data-driven financial analyst with a desire for results. If you have a passion for financial planning and analysis with opportunities for project driven work that will improve operational efficiencies, then we want to talk to you!
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis in support of our business units. The Financial Analyst serves as a business partner to Finance Directors and business units as needed.
This role provides direct support of FP&A functions such as (but not limited to) forecasting, budgeting, headcount tracking, and sales compensation analysis. Additionally, this position will serve on projects to standardize processes and develop automated tools for Finance. Candidates with experience building reports using business intelligence applications (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, PowerPivot/DAX) preferred.
- Supports the Analytic Supervisors, Finance Directors, Corporate Finance, Finance VP’s and Department heads at business units.
- Performs financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, annual budgeting, FTE/headcount tracking and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Prepares monthly sales commission calculations.
- Supports month end close processes and reviews financials for accuracy.
- Researches, gathers and interprets data for financial reporting.
- Analyzes and explains fluctuations in revenue and expenses vs. projections.
- Provides insights on business trends to internal stakeholders.
- Builds automated reports and tools to support finance functions using various business intelligence applications and financial systems.
- Develops solutions to streamline tasks and processes for the finance group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields.
- 1-3 years of financial analysis experience or comparable work experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to deliver results by stated deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders- both in person and in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Comfortable completing projects both alone as well as in a team environment.
- Strong data gathering skills.
- Prefer candidates with intermediate to advanced Excel skills (PowerPivot/DAX experience a plus), knowledge of Oracle EPM, and familiarity with BI software (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI).
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.