WZDX FOX54, the TEGNA FOX affiliate in Huntsville, AL is seeking an Account Manager to join our Sales team. We’re looking for a driven candidate to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of accounts with sales team members. Must be able to provide an optimal customer experience by having a deep understanding of the TEGNA solutions. Engage in daily interaction with existing agency and direct client business; this responsibility includes maintenance of client schedules on television and online with a high level of accuracy, in addition to implementation of special projects and promotions. Works in tandem with AEs and local sales management team to develop sales presentations. Attends sales meetings and training to obtain sales, product and process information and keep abreast of company products and services in order to articulate to client, when appropriate. Partners with designated Account Executives in the development of new/incremental revenue. Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes. Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success. Able to make decisions and solve problems independently to support the customer. Assists designated Account Executives with order entry, maintenance of contracts, generating avails, traffic, make-goods, collections and overall customer service. Regular tracking of client audience delivery using Comscore ratings and digital fulfillment. Coordinates with designated AE’s to set up new customer accounts, contracts, order entry and revisions.
- Broadcast and Digital order entry and maintenance with high level of accuracy.
- Request, update and monitor creative scheduling.
- Execute creative development for client advertising campaigns.
- Manage the startup process for marketing campaigns including participation on all campaign onboarding calls.
- Monitor marketing campaigns pacing and effectiveness to ensure campaign delivery and success.
- Assist the sales team with developing creative multimedia recommendations through research to meet customers' expectations while utilizing our digital product suite.
- Retain and grow our revenue by proactively finding opportunities to optimize campaign performance.
- Report monthly metrics and campaign results account executives and assist AE's and sales managers in interpreting the results to the client.
- Manage and communicate inventory sell through percentages and avails to staff for all solutions.
- Help to educate staff and clients on effective marketing strategies and revenue growth tactics that utilize our growing product suite.
- Create and communicate digital and video presentations for sales staff on successful digital campaigns.
- Create and communicate packages and presentations for revenue team designed to showcase solutions utilizing all research tools and data available.
- Work as a liaison with 3rd party vendors (Comscore, Media Monitors, and Wide Orbit).
- Attend client campaign recap meetings
- Other duties as assigned by sales managers
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-based sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- WideOrbit experience a plus
- College Degree preferred
- Media experience preferred
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.