WBNS 97.1 The Fan (Columbus, Ohio), a TEGNA company, is home to employees who are passionately committed to providing local and national sports coverage and insight to our community. Columbus is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country, attracting a diverse and educated population to fill its workforce.
97.1 The Fan currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Account Manager to join our successful and dynamic sales team. The ideal candidate will work closely with local Account Executives, Sales Assistants and Sales Management to provide the highest level of customer service to existing and new clients.
Collaborate with co-workers, direct clients and advertising agencies to assist with all account maintenance related to implementing, maintaining and reporting of sales campaigns. This includes developing pre-sale & post-sale material including but not limited to – initial avail, sales presentations, digital recommendations, broadcast posts and digital campaign recaps on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Works closely with designated account executives and managers to implement sales campaign orders with a high level of customer service, accuracy and attention to detail to ensure campaigns deliver and invoice correctly.
- In a fast-paced environment, communicate and troubleshoot campaign issues with Account Executives, Managers and Clients.
- Learn radio sales systems and resources to provide support to Account Executives.
- Self-directed to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Attend sales meetings and sales trainings to maintain a high level of understanding of our media solutions and changes in our products and processes.
- Works with Account Executives and Sales Assistants to prepare and sell through make-goods. Resolves scheduling issues and program changes.
- Works with other departments in the station to fulfill sponsorships and promotions.
- Work with credit and collections department to set up new accounts and handle past dues
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be proficient in proposal writing and possess strong organizational and computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Efficio systems a plus.
- A minimum of one years related experience in account management or client services within the advertising industry preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.