WCNC in Charlotte, has an opening for an experienced Account Manager to join our dynamic forward-thinking sales team. We are looking for a driven candidate to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of accounts with team members as well as for someone who can influence and drive sales by providing superior client service and support. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated ability to align TEGNA’s multimedia solutions with our customers’ marketing objectives.
The Account Managers (AM) on our team are charged with managing the ad solutions that are sold by Account Executives (AEs). The Account Manager becomes a key point of contact for our clients and coordinates the full efforts of all the internal team members involved in the fulfillment & execution process to help our clients achieve desired business results and receive a strong ROI. This position offers opportunity for growth within the sales department.
- Prepares pre-sale material including TV avail- package, sports, specials, and any other recommendations for recurring business.
- Demonstrates proof of performance for customer campaigns. This includes production, providing clients with broadcast posts and digital recaps – (broadcasts posts are completed by Sales Assistant and digital recaps are provided by Digital Sales Specialists and reviewed for accuracy by Account Manager)
- Partners with designated Account Executives with maintenance of contracts, make-goods, and overall customer service.
- Works to prepare and sell through make-goods. Resolves scheduling issues and program changes.
- Works with all departments in the station to fulfill sponsorships and promotions.
- Works with Traffic Department as necessary to facilitate accurate scheduling of customers’ traffic.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems independently on behalf of designated Account Executives.
- Understands TEGNA and station’s products, processes, and services in order to articulate to clients, when appropriate.
- Partners with designated Account Executives to develop new/incremental revenue.
- Partners with Digital Sales Specialists on the execution of digital campaigns sold by designated Account Executives. This includes ensuring all digital campaigns are executed on-time, accurately booked and trafficked, and regularly monitored to ensure successful delivery and communication.
- Responsible for identifying trends and opportunities to improve product conversion and overall campaign performance.
- Related experience in account management or client services, preferably within the advertising industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
- Commitment to high quality of work and excellent client services
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to identify problems and solve them through innovative solutions and sound judgement.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.