Take the media industry by storm! KOIN 6 TV / Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is looking to hire a full-time Account Executive. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits, effective training, and an exhilarating work environment.
JOB SUMMARY: The ideal candidate will be passionate, persistent and enjoys the sales process. Be a part of the expanding world of broadcast and digital advertising with one of the most successful sales teams in the market.
- Ability to obtain customers by cold calling, networking, prospecting, and successful negotiations.
- Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Effective driver of revenue through growing of existing accounts and new business development
- Ability to create, present and sell customized and effective marketing campaigns across multiple media platforms
- Ability and passion for prospecting and obtaining new clients using client, category, and industry insights
- Able to solve problems, collaborate with teammates and utilize all resources available
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- Time management and the ability to juggle competing client needs
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Responsible for the execution of client campaigns in all facets from start to finish
- Must be a confident, flexible, multitasker, and be able to work independently
- Understand the competitive landscape and be a resource for clients on research, market, and media trends
- Working knowledge of Wide Orbit, Strata, Marshall Marketing and Multi-platform sales experience a plus
- Understand the digital media landscape, including programmatic, social, and search marketing
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years of Digital or Media Sales experience preferred.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, prospecting new business opportunities while maintaining strong relationships with existing accounts.
- Identify and understand the clients’ advertising needs and develop ideal marketing solutions.
- Create and deliver customized sales presentations in person, via phone and/or via webinars.
- Meet or exceed sales goals by utilizing creative resources to achieve results.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions for customers utilizing industry trends, selling techniques and digital product knowledge.
Training/Equipment: Comprehensive working knowledge of digital media, internet properties, inventory, and sales tools.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to juggle multiple tasks from multiple sources at one time and will work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced office environment.
The Employee in this position must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Employee must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers – First Time users must create an Account
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar