The Account Executive (Multi-Media Advertising Consultant) develops new and incremental television and digital revenue. The primary job responsibility involves identifying new prospects and presenting customized multi-platform advertising solutions focused on the customer’s return on investment. The Account Executive is also responsible for retaining and growing their developed accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing all station assets. This position offers a base salary and a huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure.
- Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Collaborate with your team to develop solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
- Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer’s most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
- Be able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Be able to explain the benefits of Digital (including streaming OTT, display, and targeted digital) and its integration with TV, in tandem with the digital team.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to help them achieve a solid return on investment.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and results.
- Collaborate with the Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- Collaborating with the Account Manager, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM to manage day-to-day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
- Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
- Minimum 3-5 years business to business sales experience
- Proven sales leader with a demonstrated record of sales achievement
- A vast knowledge of Digital Media and Digital Marketing
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue -Television plus Digital
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus on or before November 12, 2021.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.