WBNS 10TV (Columbus, Ohio) a TEGNA Company, is home to employees who strive to serve our local community every day 24/7 through a passionate commitment to deliver the latest News, Weather and Sports across all platforms. Columbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the county, attracting a diverse and educated population to fill its workforce landscape.
10TV has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Account Executive to join our successful and forward-thinking local sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships in addition to providing customer focused solutions through an integrated suite of media resources that includes broadcast television, digital, OTT and other emerging products.
As an integrated multi-media Account Executive, you will use a consultative approach to generate revenue with local and regional clients from our extensive and market leading portfolio such as:
- CBS affiliate (WBNS) and digital sub channel 10.2 (MeTV)
- Digital Marketing Solutions – OTT, Display and Local.com
This in-demand position requires the ability to cultivate new relationships in the local business community, and the ability to generate digital and non-traditional revenue. Experience packaging multiple platforms such as TV and digital is a plus. In addition, the ability to work in a fast-paced business climate and effectively multi-task is a must.
- Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prospect and set appointments with businesses we do not currently work with in order to conduct Client Needs Analyses to better understand their unique problems, and the solutions we can propose to solve them.
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times and replenish as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seek to learn more.
- Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Able to explain the benefits of Digital (OTT, Display and Local.com) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
- Collaborate internally to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions and conduct account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- In collaboration with pre-sales team, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution, in addition to forecasting weekly.
- Applicants must be proficient in proposal writing
- Possess strong negotiating, presentation, organizational and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Matrix Plus systems a plus.
- A minimum of two years of television, digital, cable, or radio sales experience is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, creativity, strategic thinker, drive to succeed and works well in team environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.