WTSP 10 Tampa Bay, TEGNA’s flagship station and CBS affiliate in Tampa, FL is hiring an experienced Account Executive!
We are constantly committed to innovation with state-of-the-art marketing solutions offering endless opportunities for our clients to thrive from linear TV, to digital video, OTT and advanced attribution tactics.
You will be part of a team of dynamic sellers, who manage high-volume account lists while simultaneously developing high potential new business accounts. You will be responsible for building a large book of new business, while also growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging and recommending solutions that utilize our broadcast and digital assets.
What we’re looking for?
- You are a creative solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers utilizing our multi-platform products
- You are experienced in media sales
- You are eager to learn TEGNA’s top-notch advertising product suite
- You are a hungry business developer wanting to uncover any opportunity
- You can ask for the order and close with customers
- You are detail-oriented and a multitasker
What will you do?
- Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and regional accounts
- Develop new revenue through effective cold calling of new local direct businesses in Tampa Bay.
- Grow existing relationships by selling sponsorships, digital solutions, and Premion OTT.
- Partner with Account Manager & Sales Coordinator to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- Partner with Account Manager & Sales Coordinator to organize and prioritize business to successfully meet goals and deadlines.
- Create effective verbal & written marketing presentations in collaboration with Account Manager, Marketing Specialist, Research Director, and Sales Coordinators.
- Manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts using Salesforce
What you need?
- 2+ years of broadcast television sales or media sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools
- Experience in WideOrbit and Matrix preferred
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
What we offer?
- Winning and supportive culture
- The best training in the industry
- Base + Uncapped Commissions
- Leading and innovative products
- Comprehensive benefits
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.