We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products.
This in-demand position requires an energetic and strategic entrepreneur who will champion WLTX in the local market. As an Account Executive, you'll use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with business and you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sell a broad set of solutions from our extensive market-leading portfolio.
We are looking for a creative, solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers through a multi-platform approach.
The Account Executive specializes in creating new and incremental television and digital revenue. The primary job responsibility involves identifying new prospects and presenting customized multi-platform advertising solutions focused on the customer's return on investment. The Account Executive is also responsible for retaining and growing their developed accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing all station assets. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure.
The right candidate will have experience in developing new business, be able to solve local business's problems by utilizing TEGNA'S product suite and be proficient at managing a high volume of weekly sales activity. We are looking for a consultative seller who is focused on results.
- Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Prospect and set appointments with businesses we do not currently work with to conduct Client Needs Analyses to better understand their unique problems, and the solutions we can propose to solve them.
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
- Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Able to explain the benefits of Digital (Social, Display, OTT) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- In collaboration with pre-sales team, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
- Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
- Passion for growing clients business, a hunger for finding and cultivating new leads and a desire to grow your skill sets each day.
- Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
- Local television sales experience preferred
- College Degree
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Wide Orbit experience is a plus must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.