TEGNA’s First Coast News, NBC12 WTLV and ABC25 WJXX, in desirable Jacksonville, FL has an opening for a super star Account Executive to join our winning sales team. We’re looking for a "triple threat", a solutions-based seller who can develop new business, super service existing clients and has a successful track record in representing a vast range of broadcast, streaming and digital assets. This dynamic ABC/NBC duopoly is located in the fast-growing Jacksonville, FL/Brunswick, GA market with professional sports like the NFL and PGA as well as beautiful beaches and rivers so you can work hard and play hard.
What We Offer
- Winning, inclusive, supportive and fun culture
- Base + Uncapped Commissions
- Leading and innovative media products
- Resources to set you up for success including Eckstein Summers Armbruster consulting
- Growth opportunities
- Generous benefits
- Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
What You Will Do
- Consistently prospect for new revenue opportunities using client and category insights
- Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of NBC12 / ABC25 offerings
- Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital and Streaming (OTT)
- Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active role in understanding their business needs and competitive landscape
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns
- Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs
- Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment
- Use Matrix to manage day to day activity, pipeline and forecasts
- Positively and professionally represent the media group
What You Need
- Minimum 3 years of account engagement in a professional, fast paced media sales environment
- Proven track record of success as a seller
- Understanding of Nielsen methodology
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes
- Strong business acumen a must
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
- A strong passion for CONNECTING and PROSPECTING with new potential and existing accounts to generate meaningful business conversations and relationships
- A solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers, utilizing our multi-platform products
- A desire and eagerness to learn TEGNA’s top-notch and innovative advertising product suite
- A self-starter who is determined to succeed
- A positive attitude and a strong team player
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.