9Health, one of Colorado’s most loved non-profits, is seeking a experienced RN to join our team as our Health and Wellness Medical Lead. Our vision is that everyone has the opportunity and progresses toward making health positive choices. This position plays a critical role in supporting our in-person events, including COVID vaccine clinics, COVID testing sites and our health fairs.
As a key member of 9Health:365 team, the Health and Wellness Medical Lead will report to the 9Health:365 VP of Operations. They will support all 9Health:365 programs including health fairs, vaccine clinics, testing sites, 9Health:365 Comprehensive know-how, and Quest PSC screenings.
The perfect candidate has current, active RN or higher medical license, is organized; familiar with COVID vaccine and testing supplies and protocols as well as 9Health:365 fair operations; can perform some basic medical procedures such as vaccinations and vaccine preparation; can recruit, coordinate and organize medical volunteers; can write medical protocols; and has experience making ‘alert’ calls to people with out-of-range results on their blood screenings.
The Health and Wellness Medical Lead has a lot of responsibilities and is a key member of the 9Health:365 team. The Health and Wellness Medical Lead is responsible for at least the following tasks:
- Be the primary point of contact for Quest Laboratories regarding screening results and Alert Calls to participants
- Support participants with answers to medical questions using 9Health:365 protocols and processes. Where no protocols or processes exist, work with leadership to develop them.
- Support 9Health:365 staff with medical tasks associated with community health fairs, closed health fairs, corporate health fairs, vaccine events, testing events and other activities as they arise. This may include developing protocols, recruiting medical volunteers, training medical volunteers, performing specific screenings, evaluating medical supplies, or other tasks as needed
- Support 9Health:365 staff in the development and/or review of content and messaging to improve the digital product.
- Support 9Health:365 marketing and philanthropy departments by either reviewing or providing medically accurate content for use in their outreach and campaigns
- Support or lead efforts with the 9Health partners in performing medically relevant programs
- Assist 9Health:365 leadership, Board and Clinical Advisory Board with medically accurate information and advice – for example, regarding use of masks at in-person events, back-to-office policy development, changes to screenings and other items as they arise
- Liaise with the medical community including but not limited to organizations with which 9Health:365 already has agreements
- Support 9Health:365 as our interim HIPAA compliance officer
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about preventive health and health equity
- Currently, 9Health staff are working remotely, but we anticipate returning to the office for at least part of the week within the next few months.
- Must have current, active Colorado RN, NP, PA, DO, or MD certification with at least 7 years’ experience working directly with patients
- Experience with COVID vaccine protocols and processes
- Must show proof of COVID 19 vaccination
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to lead small group discussions
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s license and good Motor Vehicle Record
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Colorado
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
- $80K year or more depending on experience, licensure and fit
Please apply online at TEGNA by May 15th
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.