WBNS 10-TV is looking for a Producer for our innovative, creative newsroom team. The producer must be curious, creative and collaborate in a newsroom with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection, while also meeting tight deadlines.
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality news show
- Use social listening research, discover and distribute content
- Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
- Enterprise news stories
- Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of 3 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts
- Understanding of the tenets of journalism
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.