WXLV in beautiful Winston-Salem, N.C. has a full-time opening for an Assignment Editor!
WXLV in beautiful Winston-Salem, N.C. has a full-time opening for an Assignment Editor. We are looking for someone who can help lead a news crew and help formulate daily coverage plans. This is not your typical assignment editor roll. Candidates must have strong logistical skills and the ability to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills, who can coordinate coverage and problem solve unforeseen obstacles.
- Assign and track news crews
- Identify and develop daily content
- Write and post content to station website and social media sites
- Compelling and accurate writing
- Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
- Listen for and respond to breaking news
- Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
- Edit daily topicals
- A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred
- Knowledge of Broadcast journalism
- Knowledge of newsroom computers
- Experience with web-content management systems
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment
- Ability to work with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Well informed of what's happening in the local, national, and international news each day
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group