KCRA 3, the #1 station in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, is looking for a sharp and creative news producer. We are looking for someone who truly knows how to craft a newscast. We want a critical thinker who marries journalistic excellence with dynamic showcasing. We???re seeking someone who loves the excitement of diving in to breaking news and big story coverage. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Oversee the creation, production and execution of a daily morning newscast.
- Collaborate with our executive producers and directors to create eye-catching showcasing and graphics.
- Enterprise live interview segments with local newsmakers.
- Inspire teamwork with anchors, field crews, digital producers and the assignment desk.
- Exceptional news judgment
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to calmly handle live breaking news
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Must be adept at creating content for our digital platforms and social media
- Must be a team leader who communicates thoughtfully and respectfully
- At least 2 years of broadcast television news producing experience
- Bachelor???s degree in journalism or related field
- Must be willing to work mornings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems ENPS, BitCentral and Oasis is a plus.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE